Monday, June 9, 2014

Windows Server 2008 Resize C Drive – How to Resize C Drive in Windows Server 2008

I need some help to resize C drive on Windows Server 2008. Well, recently I often receive low disk space warning on Windows Server 2008 C drive. I didn’t pay much attention to this warning message, but this morning when I wanted to install some program, Windows told me that I cannot install any new program because the free space on C drive is not enough. How can I extend C drive without any data loss?

Simply say, resizing C drive refers to reallocating the disk space. Usually, you will want to resize C drive when it is running out of disk space. If you want to resize C drive on Windows Server 2008, this page will show you the way and tell you what you should pay attention to.

Partition Manager for Windows Server 2008
C drive resizer Server is Server partition manager that can work on all Windows Server operating system, so you can completely rely on this software to resize system partition on Windows Server 2008. This partition manager supports to resize NTFS and FAT32 disk partition without rebooting or repartitioning the hard disk. As you know, the hard disk has been partitioned into several drives while building in your computer with a certain size. If you want to resize the disk partition, it is not as easy as you think. However, if you can rely on C drive resizer Server, it will be much easier.
http://download.resize-c.com/resizer-server.zip





Steps to Resize C Drive on Windows Server 2008
Step1. Download, install and run C drive resizer Server on your computer. Right click a partition that has enough free disk space and choose "Resize/Move" option.
Step2. Move the arrow to shrink the selected partition to squeeze some unallocated space.
Step3. You need to move the unallocated space close to C drive. Right click C drive and choose "Resize/Move" option.
Step4. Move the arrow to extend C drive and click "Apply" button.
 
http://download.resize-c.com/resizer-server.zip





Disk Management to Extend C Drive Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 Disk Management has more functions than Disk Management on Server 2003, because you are able to extend volume or shrink volume under Disk Management in Windows Server 2008. However, you must ensure that there is unallocated space right behind C drive. Although you can produce unallocated space by shrinking disk partition, you are unable to shrink D drive to extend C drive. Why? Well, if you shrink D drive, the unallocated space will be located behind D drive, so you cannot extend C drive when the unallocated space is not right behind the C drive.

Related Cases
1. Hello! Can you tell me if it is possible to extend C drive on Windows Server 2003? There are two drives (C drive and D drive) on my computer. The C drive is running on low disk space, but D drive still has lots of free space. Somebody tells me that I can extend C drive by moving unallocated space. I don’t have unallocated space on my computer. What should I do to extend C drive in this situation?

2. My computer running Windows SBS 2003 OS is running more and more slowly, so I want to extend system partition to improve the performance of Server. I have tried Diskpart command, but it failed to extend system partition. I also tried to find some third-party partition software, but it asks me to backup data first because partition resizing might get data lost. I don’t have any external device to backup the data, so I want to look for a partition software that can help me extend system partition on SBS 2003 without data loss.
http://download.resize-c.com/resizer-server.zip





See Also

No comments:

Post a Comment